24 March 2010

Cool Hand Luke



During our second visit to House No. 6, on Monday, Shepherd figured out that the upstairs does not have central AC. I am a Southerner, and I do not do window units in a Southern summer. Especially when the ceilings are sloping and low and therefore cannot sport a fan.

So we asked Shepherd to get an HVAC guru in there to estimate what it would cost to install central AC for the upstairs. Although we checked our gmail accounts 10 times more than was necessary an hour, no word from Shepherd.

"What if he's not calling us because he found out it'll cost a million dollars and he doesn't want to crush our hopes and dreams?" I wailed, in turn, to my boss, my co-worker, my Heads, and my beau.

Fortunatly, we found out at about 9 last night that it will not cost a million dollars, but about a grand less than our utmost fiscal comfort point.

So that's really good news!

2 comments:

  1. That is great news! But as a someone that sports not one but two window units in her apartment, they're not that bad... and pretty enviromentally friendly if you get the newer ones. I'm glad to hear that central A/C is an option....

    But how do you have central AC in the downstairs and not in the upstairs? Doesn't seem very efficient....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's also about the resale value. We'd have a better chance of selling the house for more money later if it has central AC throughout. I'm not sure why the prior owners didn't install central AC throughout the entire house. Maybe they didn't have the funds.

    ReplyDelete