06 April 2010

Hillecke



("Hillecke" map, paint, ink & wood. Rachel Austin 2007)

No visual theme for today's post, so I thought I'd feature a favored piece of art I found on etsy.com a few years ago. I wonder where it will want to live in the new house?

Akash and I FedEx'd our paperwork to USAA yesterday. The appraisal's been completed, but we haven't heard the result yet. And the current owner of 808 Bolling Ave. is dithering over how to address our maintenance requests. The toilet leak will definitely be fixed, but it looks like our best offer regarding the windows will be the promise of a carpentry lesson.

The absolute best news is that the current owner would like to close May 21, four whole days earlier than we had hoped! I've already put in my PTO request with my boss to have that last week of May off, to move and set up house.

2 comments:

  1. PS-USAA approved the house appraisal! Got the email this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PPS-The appraiser assigned a "real value" to 808 Bolling Ave. that is $5K more than our offer price. He must have spotted the nooks of magic in the house.

    ReplyDelete