09 April 2010

Deux cadeaux

I confess there is a superstitious little corner of my soul that trembles at what I am doing: buying presents for a home that may not yet be my home. But when I see such dear things --- perfect little personalities wrought of paint or wood, ceramics or tin --- I cannot help but love them and want to give them to my home and a place within it, where they will be "worshiped and glorified."

The first gift ...



This bird feeder will jauntily adorn one of our crepe myrtles in the back yard.



Or perhaps I will sit it on a sill of the back porch.



(Thank you, O'Suz for this fat, jolly thing.)

The second gift ...







I intended to marry this doorknob to Cupboard-Under-the-Stairs, so Harry could get in and out as he pleased, but the little door has a latch, not a place for a doorknob. See? Like this:



So I'll put it with the door to the bathroom. Or maybe the back porch. Thanks again to Anthropologie!

3 comments:

  1. I like the photo with your toes in it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day of closing, I promptly broke the spring in this very latch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I cannot find the In & Out doorknob. It has Disappeared in the move.

    ReplyDelete