24 May 2010

Lemon Shorts.

Some women dress for Occasions: the inevitable office cocktail parties, hallowed Christmas services, the weddings of friends and family, etc.

But the more I grow up, the more I love dressing for occasions, sans capital "O." Block party? Outfit! Tubing down the James River? Outfit! Tuesday at the office? Outfit!

Closing on my first house?

OUTFIT!

We start with a nipped-in eyelet jacket by Tabitha. I wanted a jacket or blazer for the business-y aspect of the proceedings.



This little sleeveless slip of a top goes underneath. The ruffles complement but don't compete with the femininity of the jacket.



But lest we get ahead of ourselves with the frillage, I'm anchoring this look with a pair of washed cotton trousers.



But who knows. I may wake up and throw on my trusty skinny jeans. Now, back to packing.

PS-The lemon shorts reference is to what I originally went to Anthro for --- a pair of yellow shorts and a white blouse for the moving-in day. But no shorts were to be found, so a closing outfit happened instead.

1 comment:

  1. Only you.... plan outfits for moving. Mine usually comprised of a sports bra, a Carolina T-shirt (of the UNC or USC variety, depending) and my Asics. You're too too cute.

    Love the Lantern Hill Closing outfit, btw. I bet you looked (and felt) amazing!

    ReplyDelete